Monday, May 29, 2006

24 Days 'til Berlin

As I am counting down the days until I depart for Berlin, via scenic Newark, New Jersey, I figured I would share a few pictures of this incredible city with you, from my previous visit. Two of my best friends and I spent our 2004 winter break backpacking through Central Europe, including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Berlin. Here are some photos from Berlin '04:




Unter Den Linden, Unter the night sky.



Part of the wall still stands.


Brandeburg Tur at night


A beautiful church with the forboding communist tower in the background



I think we enjoyed Berlin.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the first Berlinerblog! Maybe, just maybe I'll make it in when we visit you mid-July

Anonymous said...

Alex, it's always good to read what you write.

Ron Pack

Anonymous said...

Will you be able to catch any World Cup Action?

Will Straw

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex,
I have really been enjoying your reports from around the world. I hope to see you at one of the Cal football games this fall.
Walt Scott

Anonymous said...

Alex:

Great to see you traveling and sharing your adventures with us. Enjoy your experience, and thanks for keeping us informed. Love to the family. It's very exciting that they will be joining you in a few weeks.

Jeff Gaynor

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex,
Dus is vunderbar.........verr gutt!!(My attept at German) Seriously, beautiful photos, great stories and sorry I didn't get to see you before you left- Have a great time and enjoy everyday to the fullest.........
Love,
Hazel